Prepare Iot Device
In case Raspberry Pi
What you need
The following pieces of stuff are necessary.
- Raspberry Pi: No matter what model, whenever you can prepare the internet connection.
- SD card: Raspberry Pi OS installed SD card with the network set up.
- Power Supply:
Necessary for Remote watching by USB Webcam
- USB WebCam: need it in case you would use MONITOR™ as Remote watching with the still camera. No matter what kind of USB Webcam can be used. Even Berry old used Webcam or just 2$ inexpensive Webcam, it's OK.
Necessary for Send Sensor Data
- Sensor module: need it in case you would use MONITOR™ as Sensor Data waching.
The following piece of stuff is as needed.
- USB hub: In case the number of the USB port is insufficient.
- USB on the go cable:
The internet connection
There are several possible ways to provide an internet connection to the RaspberryPi. For example,
- With LAN cable.
- With Wifi:
- RaspberryPi embedded the Wifi module.
- USB Wifi Dongle
- With USB 3G dongle
For Internet access, both flat-rate fix network and 3G network are OK. For Remote watching with the still camera, even with the non-flat-rate 3G network, with adjusting an interval of posting image, you can keep a monthly fee about 10$. For detail of how to use the 3G network, this article might be informative.